Thursday 6 May 2010

Aaaaaargh.


I'm going to vote in a minute, and I still don't know what I'm going to do. I want to vote for someone who isn't a complete twat. Really, I do. But this was the headline in the Torygraph today. So I'm probably going to vote for someone I despise, whose party has disappointed me and, somewhat worse, been responsible for hundreds of thousands, if not millions of deaths, and who have done nothing to reverse the legacy of Thatcher. Because if I don't, and this happens,

What am I supposed to tell whatever little Christies might ever turn up? But equally, it's Nick Brown's fault we've come to this in many ways, so if I vote for him I'm rewarding failure, which New Labour don't believe in. Gordon Brown's always talking about rights and responsibilities, after all.

Which would be fine, if it was them who pay for their errors. But it's not, is it? It's us. Fuck.

I'll just have to toss a coin or something, I think. Jesus. Thank you Labour. I should have been a lifelong voter for you*, but I believe in equality, social justice, internationalism, and not bombing the shit out of brown people and scapegoating foreigners, so somewhere along the line I feel we've parted company.**

-------------------------------------------
*until our glorious proletarian revolution, anyway. At which point you'd all have been shot as collaborators, you reformist motherfuckers.

** Of course, I also felt this way in 2005. My MP wasn't such a nob then though.

No comments: